In this day and day is very easy to overlook some basic rules to keep our self-healthy. We are very busy and don´t have time to have a proper meal. Also, the very fast rhythm of life makes us have a lot of stress, and this provokes that a lot of employees have a high blood pressure blood problem.
DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. So a DASH diet helps to keep your blood pressure at normal levels by controlling the salt consumption, eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and consuming foods that are rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Another key ingredient is the use of low-fat dairy foods.
Do you know how doctors and health professionals call Hypertension? The Silent Killer. You usually don´t feel sick but if you have hypertension you are at risk of having an aneurysm, a heart stroke or kidney failure, all of these are conditions that can kill you.
The DASH diets are very recommended to all people that want to have a healthier way of life, it promotes weight loss and is also good to control or avoid diabetes because this kind of diet limits the sugar intake.
I found a nice DASH diet e-book DASH DIET MADE EASY that can guide you on how to make DASH meals, it has several recipes that you can easily do yourself. I´m going to show you one of those recipes so you have an idea of what DASH diet is.
ORANGE AND PISTACHIO CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- 1 cup pearl barley, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachio, toasted
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup wild rice
- Add rice, barley, water and ½ teaspoon salt into a large saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and cover the saucepan with a lid. Simmer until tender (it should be not too soft). It should take about 45 – 60 minutes.
- Place oven rack in the center and bottom third position. Let the oven preheat to 450 F.
- Add pistachio and garlic into the small jar of the food processor. Press until is finely chopped.
- Sprinkle pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Place an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is heated, add pork and cook until brown all over. Turn off the heat.
- Brush pork with marmalade. Next dredge in pistachio nuts. Place the pork in the same skillet.
- Place the skillet on the center rack in the oven. Cook until done. When done, the internal temperature of the pork should be 145 F.
- Remove the pork and place your cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice the pork carefully so that the crust does not fall off.
- Meanwhile, add beans into a large bowl. Pour remaining oil on it. Toss well and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the bottom third rack in the oven. Bake until the beans are crisp as well as tender.
- Serve crusted pork with cooked barley and wild rice along with green beans.
DASH DIET MADE EASY EBOOK REVIEW
What is it?
This is a DASH diet recipes e-book.
Who is it for?
For all people that want to have a healthier way of life, fight Hypertension and diabetes. Dash diet is the most recommended diet by health professionals.
How does it help?
You will learn DASH recipes that you can do yourself, and by using this e-book you will also learn what kind of ingredients you can use to make your own recipes.
- It contains Breakfasts, appetizer, lunch, side dish, dinner and dessert recipes.
- A good array of recipes.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Healthy dishes.
- It doesn´t have pictures of the dishes.
Why do I recommend it?
This is a good DASH diet recipes e-book. It can help you start a change of life by being more careful with what you eat, and if you keep doing this diet your health will certainly improve. Hypertension is a condition that many people have but they usually don´t know that they have it until something bad happens, so do yourself a favor and read DASH Diet Made Easy: 25 DASH Diet Recipes for Beginners! (Diet, DASH diet, Healthy diet, nutrition) and start eating healthier.
4 out of five.