Diabetes is a disease that is growing with the modern days, because the way of life of these days are making people more sedentary and are getting used to having fast foods on the go because we don´t have time to have a proper meal in the lunchtime, and sometimes when we leave work it is late or we are too tire to get home and prepare a meal.
Do you know what diabetes is?
When you have high levels of glucose in your blood persistently, this is diabetes. It can be because your body produces too much glucose because you have low insulin production (insulin metabolize glucose) or you have a resistant to insulin. All these conditions can make you get diabetes.
Why can you get this disease?
Obesity is one of the reasons, high intake of sugars, like high fructose, is another, and to be sedentary. If you don´t do exercise with regularity, are used to have fast foods or processed foods, and if you are a can soda or packet juice drinker (this two kind of beverages have high levels of sugar like high fructose) have a big probability of having diabetes or pre-diabetes.
What are the symptoms?
- Urinate very frequently.
- People are always thirsty and hunger.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of visual acuity
- On men sexual impotence
- On woman loss of menstruation
- Become irritable.
How many people have diabetes?
30 % of adults or more may have pre-diabetes, and most of those people don´t know they have this condition.
In the USA are about 30 million people that have diabetes, and about 8 million people are undiagnostic. Every year 1.4 million new cases are reported in the USA.
This is a very high spread disease, one that doesn´t have a cure, you can only control it if you have it, and is a very costly condition and can be mortal if it is not controlled.
When I hear Smoothie I think in a beverage that has fruits, ice, and dairy. I found an e-book that has several smoothie recipes for diabetic people, and when I read it I found some combinations that I would never have thought of myself, like smoothies with leafy greens. Here is an example of a smoothie that meets the requirements for diabetics consumption:
GREENIE GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large ripe green pear
- 1 large ripe green apple
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 cup of fresh kale or spinach
- 15 chilled green or Moscato grapes
- Stevia to taste or Truvia to taste
- 2 – 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes as required
- Remove the hard ribs and stems of Kale. Chop the Kale.
- Peel the pear and chop into pieces. Rinse mint and chop.
- Core and chop the apple into pieces
- Add mint, kale, pear, water, apple, grapes, Stevia, lime juice and cinnamon into a blender. Blend for 30 – 40 seconds or until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again. Add more water if you desire a smoothie of thinner consistency.
- Pour into tall glasses. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Garnish with thin apple slices and serve.
DIABETIC SMOOTHIE RECIPES EBOOK REVIEW
What is it?
This is an e-book with lots of delicious smoothies that diabetic people can enjoy, and also these smoothies are a wonderful way to have a very healthy meal with lots of vitamins and fiber.
Who is it for?
For all people that love smoothies and especially people with diabetes or pre-diabetes condition, they will love a cold smoothie that can be packed with vitamins and minerals, and all these recipes have a very low glycemic level (low sugar).
How does it help?
If you use the recipes found in this e-book you will have healthier meals and people with diabetes that needs to have a very strict diet and have to consume low-level glycemic meals can make the smoothies presented here without worrying about glycemic levels of the smoothies.
- Very easy to follow instructions to make the smoothies
- Easy to find ingredients
- A lot of combinations for making a lot of kinds of smoothies.
- Low glycemic levels recipes
- You can make your own combinations with the ingredients found here.
- No images of the recipes.
Why do I recommend it?
Diabetic Smoothie Recipes e-book really surprised me, I had never heard of leafy greens smoothies, like kale or spinach. These recipes can be used by the general people, not only the diabetics because these are healthy beverages that are packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals and are low in sugar. The use of Stevia is a nice touch since I think is the best sugar replacement because is a natural product that doesn´t have any side effects, doesn´t have calories and doesn´t up to the glycemic levels. A must have if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
4.5 out of 5
You can buy it here.